Spherical is seeking an Illustrator to develop production assets and concept art for a suite of tools supporting climate resilience in Los Angeles. This position is remote.
Spherical is a strategic design and integrative research studio supporting projects regenerating the health and integrity of Earth’s living systems. Learn more →
Spherical is currently developing simulation and visualization technologies to support ongoing efforts to accelerate the climate resilience of Los Angeles County (population 10M). Designed in collaboration with established community advocates, bioregional planners, game designers, policy analysts, economists, and hydrological modelers, these tools are designed to illuminate the cascading benefits of integrated watershed management. They will enable residents and decision makers to interactively explore the complex dynamics and hidden relationships between ecological health, economic justice, urban infrastructure, and community well-being in the context of a rapidly changing climate.
We value a diverse team and encourage women and people of color to apply.
What You'll Do
- Develop illustration assets for a suite of map-based tools and games supporting climate resilience, including urban environments, infrastructure components, characters, and iconography
- Document an illustration style guide to inform consistency across assets and tools
- Align the illustration direction with a broader world design system incorporating conceptual, user interface, cartographic, and editorial considerations
- Develop concept art assets to inform the technical implementation of immersive worlds and graphics
What You Need
- A portfolio of illustration work demonstrating facility across environments, characters, iconography, and/or infrastructure
- Experience developing illustration assets for software or web-based projects preferred
- Ability to collaborate with teams to align on style and content direction
Remote (UTC -8 to -4)
10-30/week, depending on phase of project