Spherical is a strategic design and integrative research studio supporting projects regenerating the health and integrity of Earth’s living systems. Learn more →
Spherical is currently developing simulation and visualization technologies to support ongoing efforts to accelerate the climate resilience of Los Angeles County (population 10M). Designed in collaboration with established community advocates, bioregional planners, game designers, policy analysts, economists, and hydrological modelers, these tools are designed to illuminate the cascading benefits of integrated watershed management. They will enable residents and decision makers to interactively explore the complex dynamics and hidden relationships between ecological health, economic justice, urban infrastructure, and community well-being in the context of a rapidly changing climate.
We value a diverse team and encourage women and people of color to apply.
What You'll Do
- Create and generate internal alignment around a visual design language and style guide for 3D visualization and simulation software
- Create mockups applying style guide to workflows designed by interaction designers
- Collaborate with engineering to ensure designs are feasible and implemented effectively
What You Need
- 5+ years of related experience
- Experience creating visual style guides
- Experience with visual design software such as Figma or comparable
- Experience with visual design for 3D or GIS-based environments preferred
- Ability to communicate rationale and process behind design decisions
- Ability to collaborate with and present to stakeholders to generate alignment
Remote (UTC -8 to -4)