Spherical is seeking an animator to bring movement to our web-based illustrations. We are seeking a style that lends itself to revealing the hidden dynamics of living systems (ecologically rooted while also enchanted with possibility). The ideal animator will be able to take spot illustrations, full animated scenes, and infographics from Procreate and add motion to engage the viewers. This position is contract and remote. The scope will include animation of 8-10 spot illustrations and 6 animated scenes (draft can be viewed at https://resilience101.acceleratela.org/livinginfrastructure).
Spherical is a strategic design and integrative research studio supporting projects regenerating the health and integrity of Earth’s living systems. Learn more →
Spherical is building a suite of open-source tools to support community-driven climate resilience in Los Angeles. Co-designed with community organizers, climate scientists, policymakers, and infrastructure developers, these tools support collaborative dreaming into visions of equitable futures. The field kit includes interactive media for exploring cascading benefits of whole-systems approaches, community mapping and storytelling tools, and a game for sketching scenarios. This unique assemblage of domains and media calls for a diverse team of creative collaborators. We encourage diverse candidates to apply.
A public prototype of the field kit can be viewed here. A video overview for this project can be viewed below:
What You'll Do
- Take existing illustrations from Procreate and animate specific components to add visual interest and engage users
- Extract vignettes from full illustrated scenes (ex. animate a bird flying within the context of an illustrated park scene) to create vignettes that will be used across the website, social media, and video
What You Need
- Ability to animate using Procreate
- Clear communication skills
- Collaboration with other creative teammates
- Ability to coalesce complex concepts into clear visuals
Remote (PST 9 to 5)