Spherical is a strategic design and integrative research studio supporting projects regenerating the health and integrity of Earth’s living systems. Learn more →
Spherical is currently developing simulation and visualization technologies to support ongoing efforts to accelerate the climate resilience of Los Angeles County (population 10M). Designed in collaboration with established community advocates, bioregional planners, game designers, policy analysts, economists, and hydrological modelers, these tools are designed to illuminate the cascading benefits of integrated watershed management. They will enable residents and decision makers to interactively explore the complex dynamics and hidden relationships between ecological health, economic justice, urban infrastructure, and community well-being in the context of a rapidly changing climate.
We value a diverse team and encourage women and people of color to apply.
What You'll Do
- Synthesize information from users, stakeholders, product management, engineering, and subject matter experts into user experiences
- Design user interfaces for 3D environments to help users visualize and simulate climate-related scenarios
- Prototype and test concepts with users and stakeholders to collect feedback and iterate
What You Need
- 5+ years of related experience
- Experience with interaction design in 3D or GIS-based visualization and simulation environments
- Experience communicating with users for generative and evaluative research
- Ability to synthesize information from diverse sources
- Ability to communicate the rationale and process behind design decisions
- Ability to collaborate with and present to stakeholders to generate alignment
Remote (UTC -8 to -4)