User Engagement Manager
Spherical is seeking a User Engagement Manager to oversee all user-facing responsibilities for a suite of tools supporting climate resilience in Los Angeles. This position includes elements of user research, onboarding and training, and support among a diverse network of non-profit and government partners. This position is required to be in Los Angeles County as part of a broader remote team.
Spherical is a strategic design and integrative research studio supporting projects regenerating the health and integrity of Earth’s living systems. Learn more →
Spherical is currently developing simulation and visualization technologies to support ongoing efforts to accelerate the climate resilience of Los Angeles County (population 10M). Designed in collaboration with established community advocates, bioregional planners, game designers, policy analysts, economists, and hydrological modelers, these tools are designed to illuminate the cascading benefits of integrated watershed management. They will enable residents and decision makers to interactively explore the complex dynamics and hidden relationships between ecological health, economic justice, urban infrastructure, and community well-being in the context of a rapidly changing climate.
We value a diverse team and encourage women and people of color to apply.
What You'll Do
- Build trusted relationships among diverse users across partner NGOs, government agencies, and community members
- Perform user research to identify opportunities to support users in advancing climate resilience in Los Angeles
- Manage databases of users, partner organizations, user archetypes, and meeting notes
- Synthesize insights from user research and feedback to share with the team
- Onboard and train users to use our open-source tools and processes
- Participate in the development of onboarding and training materials, in collaboration with Leadership, Product, and Design
- Respond to customer support tickets and escalate to appropriate team members as needed
- Manage internal documentation supporting common user requests in order to streamline response and improve our onboarding and training materials
- Manage help desk configuration and workflows, with support from Leadership and Product
What You Need
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience in customer-facing roles, such as user research, customer success, consulting, training, or support
- Experience working with and serving the public interest through civic engagement, for instance with nonprofits, governments, or community organizing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and teach technology-based workflows
- Ability to manage priorities across multiple functional areas in a self-directed way
- Ability to collaborate across a cross-functional team to ensure user needs are met
- Ability to establish and improve operational workflows
- Spanish proficiency preferred
- Experience in environment, climate, water, or social justice domains preferred
This position is required to be in Los Angeles. We are a remote team serving users and partners in Los Angeles County.