Unreal Engine Developer
Spherical is a strategic design and integrative research studio supporting projects regenerating the health and integrity of Earth’s living systems. Learn more →
Spherical is currently developing simulation and visualization technologies to support ongoing efforts to accelerate the climate resilience of Los Angeles County (population 10M). Designed in collaboration with established community advocates, bioregional planners, game designers, policy analysts, economists, and hydrological modelers, these tools are designed to illuminate the cascading benefits of integrated watershed management. They will enable residents and decision makers to interactively explore the complex dynamics and hidden relationships between ecological health, economic justice, urban infrastructure, and community well-being in the context of a rapidly changing climate.
We value a diverse team and encourage women and people of color to apply.
What You'll Do
- Implement features in Unreal Engine for multifaceted technology project involving high-performance 3D graphics, GIS, and hydrological modeling
- Build capacity of fellow team members with limited experience in Unreal Engine
- Collaborate with multifunctional team including artists, interface designers, hydrological engineers, and product management
What You Need
- 3+ years of related experience
- Strong experience with Unreal Engine and high-performance graphics in game or application development
- Experience integrating graphical presentations with backend data or modeling systems
- Strong C++ programming experience
- Experience with pair programming and engineering mentorship
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively
Remote (UTC -8 to -4)